Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Mid-lake Wednesday

Happy Hump-day to all. Hopefully you aren't currently being effected by the heavy rains here in N. Texas. I know that things are not good right now in Hood county so do your best to stay out of harms way. But I am not here to depress you with weather talk.....on to something we would rather think about.....


A Baseball Team that is suddenly fun to watch
Texas has now won 2 stright against the defending AL champs sending Kam Loe and reliever Willie Eyre to the hill....I know that Kam went 7 strong and had great stuff a few nights ago, but I find nothing wrong at all with the 4 and 2/'s that Eyre tossed in his 1st big league start. He would have gone even longer had he not been drilled in the wrist by a line drive off the bat of Polanco in the 5th. When a guy has shined in middle relief like he has....at one point this year with 14 plus innings of consecutive scoreless work....and just giving up 3 runs off 3 hits in nearly 5IP....I think that might deserve another spot start if his wrist is up to it.


The pitching has been better of late. That is why Texas has won 9 of their last 12 and 6 of their last 7....and my goodeness this thing is fun to watch. The last few nights I have found myself not wondering what is on HBO or the History Channel....instead I have been watching inspired ball.

One of the leaders of that inspiration is Marlon Byrd who once again had a great night capping things off with a huge 2 run triple in the 9th.....I love what we are seeing from Gerald Laird behind the plate and how he has handled the pitching in recent weeks....this Travis Metcalf has a little something....Ramon Vasquez can be productive in spots, and it seems that Jerry Hairston Jr. can spell Lofton on most nights and it's no big drop off....

Even though I realize this is still not a good team there are a few parts I wouldn't mind keeping around for a while.....this thing is fun right now....
The bullpen was solid again last night aside from an off night by Aki Otsuka allowing 3 in the 8th to tie things up....But it was great to see Eric Gagne get a big save against a great hitting club....and showing him off to contenders....
Today Texas tries for their 4th straight series win and they will do it against former Ranger great Kenny Rogers who is making his 2nd start since coming off the DL....he will be facing Millwood who has been better so it should be another must tune in night at the SeaBass house via TiVo...

Keep the Trade Rumors coming....

This story has been a nice distraction the past few days, especially when the Mavs do not have a 1st round pick and 3 - 2's.....We have all kicked around the idea of what it would take to get KG in Dallas...It would be nice but this is not going to happen, although one not so credible source proves that it's easy to float a rumor out there....

Apparently KG to LA has cooled off a bit and the Suns are back in the mix....which would absolutely suck for Dallas, but at the same time I wouldn't mind seeing Amare sent to up to Minn....

The draft is one day away and as promised I will give you a handfull of guys that I have seen linked to the Mavies in some mock drafts....

Gabe Pruitt out of USC

Marc Gasol Spanish brother of Paul Gasol

Alando Tucker
out of Wisc. (Bob would love this)


Demitrius Nichols from the Cuse

There is just a few I found....If the Mavs had an actual 1st round pick it would be a lot easier to find more mocks....not everyone produces a 2nd round in their predictions...Hopefully Dallas can package picks and maybe a player to trade up into round 1....Be sure to Listen toNorm and Skin on the Ticket....they do a helluva job with it....


This Guy cheated along with Jimmie Johnson.....
And Nascar is not too happy with them.....I really don't care too much, but i know alot of people love them some Nascar and I might as well mention it.....


I don't know why this is even an issue these days....Every American bad-ass we have in the NBA should want to stop the international embarrassment our country has suffered the past few years on the court. Thank you for doing what you are expected to do....and lay off the Sprite.


Now it's time for me to get ready to roll out and head to work, but I leave you with more good music today....I am a N. Texas grad attending school up in Denton, Tx and I had a chance to discover this band while living there and they havce gone on to bigger and better.....And I think they are awesome.....I give you Midlake.....







6 comments:

fickle said...

Spin or spare?

Anonymous said...

Thank you for doing what you are expected to do....and lay off the Sprite.

Funny. Thank you for saving us from Ty.

Phil K. said...

Ty did have the hot-pics-of-chicks thing going for him, which was nice.

SeaBass has totally redeemed himself for swearing his allegiances to Midlake. I went to the show at the Granada this year and it....was....awesome. And a ton! of people showed up for it. I can't wait to see them down at ACL Fest 2007.

Anonymous said...

Ty did have the hot-pics-of-chicks thing going for him, which was nice.

Yeah, I've found it nearly impossible to locate pictures of pretty women on the intertubes.

Hudson's Dad said...

yup. i've been onto midlake for a coupla years. they are incredible. their shows are even better.

Flaco said...

From a fellow UNT alum...

Spoooooorts