Tuesday, August 05, 2008

My Bad.



Sometimes, an emailer makes a fabulous point:


Bob,

I've read your blog every day for the last couple of years and I love it. I've never e-mailed to tell you how much I enjoyed it or that I really liked your sportsy points about sports. So I feel a little guilty about writing you now, since the reason for my e-mail is to voice a complaint.

Last night the Rangers had one of their most exciting victories of the year. Byrd hit a walk-off grand slam with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th to beat the hated Yankees. Now I'm 100% sure you knew of this event, but I don't understand why it escaped your blog this morning. Instead, you led with Olympic basketball and followed with training camp stories.

I'm a big Rangers fan, and I think this city and its media do this team a disservice at times. Admittedly, there is a reason for that. The Rangers have traditionally sucked. However, this year is different. They aren't going to win the World Series, but come on! Can't we all at least enjoy the ride in August? In my opinion, this ride is far more exciting than daily Favre updates.

Your P1 BFF Landon


I would not even pretend to argue with Landon. He is right. I am guilty, and perhaps our whole show is guilty of having "Cowboys Camp" blinders on. The Rangers are 5 over .500, and playing competitive, and certainly entertaining baseball, and they should get some love.

Sorry.

Thanks, to Jim, for this artwork.

3 comments:

Bill Mullen said...

Is it just me, or is everyone yelling at you too? And when they are just a foot away! Geez. Why are they yelling? They are a foot away from me.

At first, people would misunderstand the question I would ask, and I would ask it again, I would have to remind them, "that wasn't the question". Now, everyone is yelling.

Man I love the ticket.

Laughs 2 Loud said...

Awesome, awesome ending to the Rangers game last night. I feel sorry for anyone who didn't see it. Favorite moment was when the whole team kept jumping up and down together. These guys really look like they are having fun. And yes, it's the Rangers in August!!!

Clever Idea Widgetry said...

Great letter. Too bad the InterWeb isn't more like that letter-writer.