Thursday, February 19, 2009

Many Directions, One Post

I got this email, and I figured most people would agree and understand with this P1’s sentiments:


BaD radio,

I throw myself at the mercy of sports talk.

Please no more T.O,
Please no more T.O,
Please no more T.O,
Please no more T.O,

With all that is holy in this land please spare me my sanity, the Cowboy season has been so over for so long now and all that can be debated has been repeatedly. I am a year one P1 I have the luxury of being able to wear headphones at work so I catch the Ticket for most of the day. The second I hear that name come up I look for what I can reach for faster the button on my walkman or my nail gun so I can shoot it repeatedly into my skull. I`m on my knees beaten and bloody begging of you please oh please.

Please no more T.O,
Please no more T.O,
Please no more T.O,
Please no more T.O,

If nothing else thank you for letting me vent. The show rocks thanks for the ten years of mediocrity.



I wish we could, but if we did a political talk show, we could not "stop talking about the war" because people are tired of it.

The Cowboys are our country, and Owens is our War. Hopefully it will all end soon, and our boys can come home safely.

Someday, if there is no war and no Owens, I will be quite happy.
===

Today is NBA Trade deadline day. The Tyson Chandler deal is no more. And now, we are quite concerned with whether or not anything is going to happen. Especially, with the Mavericks, as many are saying nothing will go down.

But, let’s remember how many times Mark Cuban has fooled us on this day. Juwan Howard? Nick Van Exel? Just never say never.

Sefko says to not get your hopes up ..


"I don't know that there's a whole lot more that's going to be done," owner Mark Cuban said. "Everybody's looking to do the same thing, save money and to save cap room [for the future]. It's hard to do both."

If the Mavericks pull off anything today before the 2 p.m. trade deadline, it is not expected to be anything earth-shaking. What their inactivity means – and what a general lack of movement throughout the league indicates – is that next summer is going to be outrageous in terms of teams trying to shed even more payroll.

As Cuban said, when teams start realizing that season-ticket renewals aren't pouring in like they usually do, purse strings will get even tighter. Cuban tries to play the role of the owner who can pull the trigger when he thinks it's the right thing to do. But when the deals simply aren't out there, it makes doing nothing the only sensible course.



In Stars news Steve Ott’s visit with us can be heard here …most reviews have that as one of the best interviews in a long time…

TIVO ALERT: Tonight on the NHL Network, Brenden Morrow is featured


7:00 p.m. -- Captains Driven by Bridgestone

Dallas Stars captain Brenden Morrow talks about his style of leadership, and the players and coaches who had the most impact on his career.


A few minutes with Brenden Morrow make you really focus on that choir-boy look. But he's clearly a warrior, a throwback to when hockey players would play for the fun of it. He creates a presence on the ice. Impact follows him around.

The "C" on his sweater can easily be taken for the character, compassion, competitive nature, creativity and the courage he displays every time he's on the ice. He's clearly a catalyst for the Dallas Stars.

The tributes from those around him are far-reaching -- even if Morrow is currently sidelined with a knee injury:

"He's the heartbeat of this team," Stars goaltender Marty Turco told me. "He's got the ability to dominate shifts, dominate games.

"He's our captain, he's our leader. He's the sparkplug every team dreams of. He'll stand up to anybody, hit anybody. To say he's a warrior is kind of an understatement, with the attention he gets from opposing teams, the physical nature he plays with and the pure intensity that oozes from every pore of his body."

"He initiates all over the ice. He infuriates the opponents with the impact he plays with," Mike Modano said. "He's an inspiration to us."


Wow. Ovechkin is good.



Best. Save. Ever.



4 random links that will waste your time:

Pat Kirwan’s 10 players who could rise at the combine

Hear the Michael Lombardi interview on BaD Radio

Rangers rank #27 on this power Poll …behind the Nationals????

I have no idea what this is, but it is true

The insanity of TNT without Barkley (until tonight)



This is my favorite video of 2009 – hands down

2 comments:

JY said...

Everytime I see a Kige Ramsey video I cry a little, not from laughter......

Nelvis said...

Does the media have a battle with T.O. because the war with Jerry is like the on drugs; a war that will never be won.