Quick Pop Quiz:
Name that Team
1) They are sliding late after a promising start of the season.
2) They just made a huge trade that looked great, but now is causing all sorts of growing pains.
3) Their Coach is in danger of being fired if this doesn't turn around.
4) Their Players are accused by some of not having the guts to win when it matters.
5) Their Playoff reputation is what keeps anyone from buying into them.
6) They just got beat at home by a team from Southern California.
7) They play their home games at the American Airlines Center.
8) They frustrate the heck out of me.
9) You would be foolish to bet on them advancing past round 1 this year
10) They might need another drastic overhaul when this season is over.
If you named either the Stars or the Mavericks, you win. If you are dumb enough to love them both, you have come to the right blog. Me, too.
I have a busy morning, and hope to blog more later, but consider this after the Stars disappoint on home ice last night in a 2-1 loss to the Ducks that will likely cost them home ice in the first round against the defending Cup Champions:
NHL Standings March 1, 2008
Dallas 87 points
Anaheim 81 points
San Jose 78 points
NHL Standings this morning
San Jose 97 points
Anaheim 92 points
Dallas 89 points
OUCH! Why must your torture us Mavs and Stars? Have you no mercy? Don't you realize we have Rangers season ahead?
Alas, the Mavs turn tonight, with Boston in.
Hit the restart button on your sports mood.