Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Blog is Back, Back Again

OK, the blog is back, and so am I. I know it is late Monday night, but this is your Tuesday Morning Entry. Refreshed and Ready to roll with BaD Radio at Noon, so let’s party together. Hope we all still love eachother.

Rangers rally in 9th, beat BoSox ...

The winning run driven in by Mench, who Baseball Muse thought could have been an all-star:


Mench is second among AL outfielders in OPS trailing only Vlad Guerrero. His 15 HR ranks him third and he has played solid defense in LF for the Rangers. I think those qualifications are enough to get him a spot in the final 5 voting (moreso than Derek Jeter). This is probably a case of earning his sport for next year by finishing the year strong.


2nd to Vlad in Ops??? Who would have guessed that leaving spring training?



Roids?

Kobayashi wins his 5th straight Hot Dog Title

Lebreton bids Rogers goodbye

Cheap Shot on Kenny Rogers: His Postseason Numbers …Lest we forget how money he is…


Rogers, who has been one of the worst postseason performers of the modern era: 0-3 record, 8.85 ERA, 20 1/3 innings, 32 hits allowed, 20 earned runs, 16 walks and 15 strikeouts.


Now, if you have read this blog for more than 2 weeks, you know I love (among other things) Liverpool Football. That being said, I am about tired of the on-going soap opera of Steven Gerrard. Look, I love the dude, but this is so tiresome. I prefer they sign him, but if they don’t, the sun will come up as it did when Michael Owen left. My plea: Do it, or don’t, but GET ON WITH IT! The Latest from London does not look good

Hit Man making a come back????? …No way!...By the way, on vacation I had a chance to view a few things that have sat on my Tivo for a while. One of them, was the May 14th whooping of Felix Trinidad by Winky Wright …And wow, was I wrong. Wright dominated that fight so easily, that now I wonder if he might finally be the guy to beat Bernard Hopkins. How is that for a 7 week old take?

I often claim a website is great. I try not to build them up to high, but this site, retrosheet.org is AWESOME! It has boxscores from Way back in time, so if you, like me, save ticket stubs from games you once attended as a boy, you can look up the date, and relive your youth. June 23, 1982 was the oldest ticket stub I could find, and here is the game that 9-year old Bob Sturm enjoyed 3 days prior to his 10th birthday. Freakin Yankees and Roy Smalley dropped the hammer on my big night…

Here is another boxscore from a game I attended as a young lad: July 31, 1990 , which was Nolan Ryan's 300th win...Chris Bosio had nothing for him...

All Napoleon Dynamite Soundboards in the same place



If you thought my tattoo was poor judgement, What about this genius who tattooed her face forever for $10,000?


Smith, on the other hand, now has a url plastered across her face. She claims that she did it to raise funds for her son's private education, enthusing: "I really want to do this. To everyone else, it seems like a stupid thing to do. To me, $10,000 is like $1 million. I only live once, and I'm doing it for my son ... It's a small sacrifice to build a better future for my son."

No it isn't a small sacrifice - it's a bloody daft thing to do for $15k and raises the question as to whether Smith is not a couple of bids short of a auction. To its credit, the tattoo parlour which did the dirty deed - SI TATTOOING in Salt Lake City - reportedly spent seven hours trying to talk her out of it. Well, sort of to its credit, because it went ahead and tattooed the silly woman anyway, but it's the thought that counts...


When Hockey returns, you may not recognize it

The Great Hank Stram Dead at 82 ...65 Toss Power Trap, Forever, Hank.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

This ship appears to be sinking fast. If the best hitters hit 3 out of 10 times at bat, and the rangers and live and die by the bat, the percentages say the rangers are on a trip to third place.

Anonymous said...

So BaD Radio goes on vacation and the following events occur:

Kenny Melts Down
Finley is headed East
Hank Stram Dies
Hockey is ALIVE, wait..no its still Dead
Jr. can't win a race
Stewart DOES win a race
"Why Today Doesn't Suck" is given a tortured death by Skin
Hansen steals Babe's video-or maybe he didn't.
Tom "Scientology" Cruise goes nuts on national TV & still has the #1 movie in the nation

Coincidence? I don't think so!!

Anonymous said...

the retrosheet site is great! do you know of anything similar for football?

Anonymous said...

I like the hockey changes. My biggest problem though is the 4 column standings again. So many people make fun of the fact that hockey has a 4 column standings and I think it's ridiculous also. I think that after 60 minutes, if you lose, it's an "OT/Shootout" loss and that's it. How are the points going to be divvied out? If OT losses and Shootout losses are going to be worth 1 point, then eliminate the column and just have wins, losses, and OT/Shootout losses. This is one more thing that the NHL can fix before getting on the ice. Please do so.

Anonymous said...

Wow, allow me to nominate that Rudy interview as the worst segment in BaD radio history.

Even the always funny "host trying desparately to interrupt the clueless interviewee to end the whip" wasn't enough to save it.

I agree with the emailer. I happily turn on my radio during lunch to hear the wonderful voices of BaD radio for the first time in a week, and that is what you give me?

Blech.

Anonymous said...

Followed by a half-assed Gay/Not Gay

Anonymous said...

Stevie G, really that great?

Anonymous said...

I cant believe that person got a tatoo on her head for 10 grand, that would be imbarrising and humiliating for the rest of someones life, what if that website goes bankrupt, heh...

Anonymous said...

Gerrard now staying (?)

Seems like a ploy all along to get more than 100,000 a week.

Anonymous said...

Ploy for Stevie Gerrard? I think, more likely, that his agents were trying to force a transfer since they make far more money on a transfer than a player re-signing with their own club. Once the agents were cut out and Gerrard spoke directly with the club, the issue was settled in short order. Sounds like Scott Boras has an office on Anfield Road...

Anonymous said...

Wow, Teixeira was the best player in the '01 draft? In other news, the sky is blue, and the sun rose this morning.

It was pretty much known at the time that Teixeira was the best player in the draft at the time of the draft, and the only reason he fell to us is due to signability issues. Luckily for us, the Rangers weren't concerned with Financial Flexibility at the time, and were able to pony up the richest draft contract in the history of baseball.

All in all, that was a horrible draft by Hallgren, and only CJ Wilson still remains from that draft class, and he ain't looking to good, buddy.