Friday, July 22, 2005

Friday in July

A big bag of nothing for your Friday Links. Then, get back to your TPS Reports...

Rangers lose with Rogers on the hill …fading away…


The scorching hot A's, who trail the Angels but are 1 1/2 games ahead of the Rangers, made it 19 wins in their last 24 games even with their nemesis starting. Rogers was 6-1 against the A's since 2002, already defeating them twice this season. But he couldn't hold an early 3-0 lead and wound up with a no-decision in what could be his last start before he begins serving his suspension.

Any time Rogers starts and the Rangers lose, it is devastating – they fell to 12-7 for the season when their ace pitches. With the clock ticking on his time away, there is a more hollow feeling.


Never Fear! James Baldwin brought in for rotation …in 1999, this sounds like a wonderful pickup. Now, it is the 2005 version of Scott Erickson being brought in…

Shocking Sports Revelation of the Day: Tiger helps your ratings


There's nothing more certain in golf: When Tiger Woods wins, the networks win. Woods' victory in the British Open on Sunday earned a 4.6 rating/14 share nationally for ABC. It was the highest-rated final round at the British Open since 2000, the last time Woods won the event. Saturday's third-round coverage drew a 41 percent ratings increase over the same day last year.


Mack Brown sees the Rose Bowl again

Hockey Players Vent, then Ratify

Gary Cogill tells us we must see this movie Murderball

It is now or never for Jeff Gordon …strug-gel-ling…



10 Best English Strikers of All-Time

Owens says he can leave Philly


"It doesn't bother me," Owens said about Banner's comments. "When it all boils down to it, I'm doing what's best for my family. Not to stir anything up, but I don't really have to play for the Eagles, to be honest. I can go play with any other team and still be productive.

"If [Banner] feels that way, then get rid of me," he continued. "I have no gripes, no ill feelings toward any of the players on that team. This is business. They know how business is conducted. I've told them what I'm doing is for my family. If they can't understand that -- and if they feel like I'm a no-nonsense guy -- he wants to talk about Drew and I -- if we're problems then I feel like we can be adults about it. Trade me. Release me, and we can part ways like adults."


Finally, a victory for Tyson

Larry Brown is all about Larry Brown

Cookie Monster with Martha Stewart

Genius! A tribute to Pulp Fiction



Buy this shirt



Or this shirt

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing says fan like "I sure hope my team sucks and gets worse." Good call ChozSun, I guess you also get excited when Chan HO takes the mound. Idiot

Anonymous said...

I hate the P1!!!

Can I get a pizza delivered to my house? Is that possible? Can it be done? Can I get two pizzas delivered? Can that be done?

Hey, can you do the Nelson Mandela impression? We have a guy from South Africa on the show.

Freeeeeeeee Nelson Mandelllllllla.

Anonymous said...

What ever happened to Bob's vasectomy bit?

What ever happend to Big Mac's vegetarian bit?

What ever happened to the Bill Guerin show?

What ever happened to Big Mac's Nazi bit?

What ever happened to Bob's interview of David Duke?

What ever happened to the Dan & Newey fighting bit?

Just curious.

Anonymous said...

I know I will get harassed, but where is the last second US Gold Cup Semifinal win?

Anonymous said...

LOL, Mack Brown (aka Roscoe P Coltrane) is being setup for a ass spanking again this year...

Anonymous said...

Chris, Ass spanking by who? USC? maybe but I think it will be pretty close. It wont be 55-19 for sure

Mike

Anonymous said...

Release T.O.? Is he crazy? If I were the Eagles I would never release him--I'd retain his rights through the duration of his contract and never allow him to go to another team. If he wants to play, he can play for the Eagles for his existing contract. In addition, I'd fine him judiciously if he pouted and ruined the team atmosphere upon his return.

Anonymous said...

Is it just me, or are the pictures on this blog getting extremely gay? I don't mean "gay", I mean a$% pounding homosexual gay.

Anonymous said...

it's Federal-pound-me-in-the-a$s-prison gay.....

Anonymous said...

Picture of Alan Sherear: not gay.

But Wayne Rooney should not be in that top ten list. Wait a few more years and then we'll see.

meredith said...

No one has ever gone from god to goat in Philly quicker than T.O.

Ugh.

Anonymous said...

F T.O.

Anonymous said...

Texas will get ass spanked by OSU way before they can hyper-inflate their magical 'potential'. Grubes

Anonymous said...

Chozson, may Boomer and Sooner take a big dump on your face after the Sooners hang half a hundred on the Horns....

Anonymous said...

First of all, OSU will get drummed every week of the season except for Baylor. Good luck with the whole 2 quarterback thing, I heard that works well.
Second, Chozsun or whatever that says, it is highly unlikely that both teams will have 0-fers coming in to that game. If anything, Texas will have one loss and OU will be undefeated. I am sure there is a soccer blog or something somewhere where you can have a more educated response.
Third, no way OU hangs half a hondo on the Horns. This years D is better even without DJ and there is no way you can say that OU's offense is better.

Mike

Anonymous said...

Didn't know Ohio State played Baylor jackhole.

Anonymous said...

and what again do the horns have to brag about lately over OU?????????? why are they even talking?

Anonymous said...

LOL, Mike is in a fantasy world, grubes was talking about OHIO STATE, yes, they will destroy the whorns...

And Mike, the whorns won't be playing USC this year, so you don't have to worry about that loss.

Anonymous said...

notmenotmenotme...I wouldn't post anonymously.

Anonymous said...

Mark- Rooney may be tops for the next decade, but over the last 10 years, anyone but Shearer would have been a farce. Sad, really, that no consideration goes to Emile Heskey (who should be Rooney's ideal foil in the England lineup), but he's never really produced.